Bandwidth, Power, and Security.
All of our Colocation Service options are fully customizable and configurable.
- Order shared or dedicated bandwidth depending on your requirements.
- Packages come with standard 15 Amps power. Or, take control and ramp it up to 30-60 Amps in redundant configuration, with remote management.
- Select a caged solution up to 20 Kw per square foot. Firewall services are available: use our in-house Fortigate, or order your own managed solution to harden your setup as needed.
CanHost provides industry-leading data security and availability services to customers worldwide from a custom facility in Kelowna, British Columbia.
The West Coast Kelowna location of the CanHost Inc. Colocation Services facility provides a safe environment, complete with disaster avoidance, redundant connections, and data backup options. Highly skilled on-site staff are available to solve any technical problems that occur. This means that hosting customers can be confident that their data and business operations are both secure and available.
This hosting service is a cost-effective alternative to building and maintaining your own data facility. Our facility has been carefully designed to support your business and personal goals in a secure environment. Kelowna’s CanHost facility offers high security, video surveillance, and fire detection services.
- Infrastructure sharing that supports cooling, security, and a working LAB area.
- Large physical storage space.
- Large bandwidth capacity.
- Connect to a variety of Internet Service Providers (ISP).
- Hosting Customers can update and upgrade equipment at will.
Performance is guaranteed, because you determine the hardware specifications and packages – such as managed IP services from the colocation provider.
Please refer to our “Why CanHost” page for more Facility specifications. CanHost’s delivery of Colocation Services is supported by:
- Regulated and redundant power.
- A regularly tested and maintained generator, with battery backup systems in place for generator transition.
- Internet up-links for your server(s).
- CanHost Server Racks security.
- Fiber-guide and power cables located in a separate trays area.
- Physical access to the building when required.
- Fiber-optic cables enter colocation facility at multiple locations from multiple providers.
- No access without the proper security codes and access cards. Employees personally escort hosting Clients into the locked colocation facility.
- Smoke detectors that provide immediate warning of potential fire hazards.
- Passive protection elements include both the installation of fire walls, and the use of non-flammable building materials to limit any chance of fire.
- All utility resources installed in the colocation facility are regularly maintained and tested.
- The above specifications, along with a maintenance bypass, delivers an N+1 power infrastructure.
- Colocation Phase 1 is wired to provide up to 10 Kilowatts per square foot. Hosting Clients also have the option to install smaller UPS’s in their own racks.
B.C. and Western Canadian Dedicated Hosting Colocation Services at CanHost Inc. have options and plans to fit your specific needs and budget. They include (but are not limited to):
- Network and Facility Security
- LAB work area
- Self servicing of your system remotely
- Data Center services 24/7 (monitoring, online backups, remote hands)
- Managed services of your server by CanHost Inc.
- Web-based software
- Tech Support and system administration 24/7/365
- Services plans that offer individual racks, vertical cages, and choice of full to quarter cages
- Installation of smaller UPS’s in client racks
- Affordable, competitive and scalable (upgradeable) bandwidth
- (Scalability is the ability of the company to handle an increased need, in this case, bandwidth)
- High-speed network
- Back-up generator, climate control, and fire suppression
- Customization of all elements
- Inexpensive Hydro Power